Fluger's Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
The addition of Fluger’s Electronic Health Record System means that as a pharmacist you can take notes and retrieve patient history with a click of a button.
Taking patient notes using Fluger can help pharmacy in a number of ways, including:
- Improving patient safety. Accurate and comprehensive patient notes can help to prevent medication errors and adverse events. Fluger’s electronic health record (EHR) system allows pharmacists to easily and quickly document patient information, such as allergies, medication history, and current symptoms. This information can be easily accessed by other healthcare professionals, helping to prevent the patient from being given the wrong medication or dosage.
- Enhancing medication management. Fluger’s EHR system can be used to track a patient’s medication history, adverse effects, and changes to the medication regimen. This information can be used to optimise the patient’s medication therapy and prevent medication-related problems. For example, if a pharmacist notices that a patient has been taking a medication for several weeks without any improvement in their symptoms, the pharmacist can use Fluger’s EHR system to quickly review the patient’s medication history and make recommendations for a change in medication.
- Facilitate communication with other healthcare professionals. Fluger’s EHR system allows pharmacists to easily share patient information with other healthcare professionals, such as nurses, doctors, and other pharmacists. This can help to ensure that all healthcare professionals involved in a patient’s care are aware of the patient’s medication history and current medication regimen. This can help to improve communication and coordination of care, which can lead to better patient outcomes.
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements. In many jurisdictions, there are legal and regulatory requirements for pharmacists to document their interactions with patients. Fluger’s EHR system can help pharmacists to meet these requirements and protect themselves from liability. For example, if a pharmacist has a conversation with a patient about their medication, the pharmacist can use Fluger’s EHR system to document the conversation and the patient’s response. This documentation can be used to defend the pharmacist in the event of a legal challenge.
Overall, taking patient notes using Fluger can be a valuable tool for pharmacists to improve patient safety, enhance medication management, facilitate communication with other healthcare professionals, meet legal and regulatory requirements, and provide a record for audits and disputes.
Here are some specific examples of how taking patient notes using Fluger can help pharmacy:
- A pharmacist is reviewing a patient’s Fluger record and sees that the patient is taking a medication that can interact with another medication that the patient is also taking. The pharmacist can quickly alert the prescriber to avoid prescribing the interacting medication.
- A pharmacist is reviewing a patient’s Fluger record can review the patients history and advise on the best course of action.
- A pharmacist is reviewing a patient’s Fluger record can provide patient education or to refer the patient to a social worker or other healthcare professional for help with medication adherence.
By taking accurate and comprehensive patient notes using Fluger, pharmacists can help to ensure that patients receive the best possible care.